Pages

Sunday 5 May 2013

Katherine.

While at university I became acquainted with a certain girl, who for the purposes of this blog, will be named Katherine Heigl. The reason behind this nickname is due to the fact that when my friend and I first met her, she sort of resembled the famous actress; however, after getting to know her it became really apparent that we were wrong on so many levels. Unfortunately, the name stuck and I can't be bothered with coming up with something else. 

Anyways, Katherine is a full fledge over-achiever and tends to brag A LOT. And I can't stand her. I had her in many of my classes, seeing as we both are in the same program. In each class when the opportunity presented itself, she'd do a poised hair flip then explain how her parents are musicians and how her she rides a unicycle and blah blah blah I'm so smart blah blah blah. One time when we were riding the elevator together she muttered to herself about how her 90% wasn't good enough and how she was going to "bitch the professor out to get a couple more marks added". Oh my gosh. I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes as much as I did in those 30 seconds.

I'm sure you have people like this in your life; individuals who just annoy you to your wits end. They may be a sibling or a friend's boyfriend or even a classmate and just by the way they act or carry themselves, makes you want to punch a hole in the wall (too much?). Unless their behaviour is actually on purpose, it's hard to reason with him or her because they don't understand what they're doing. What I suggest instead of wasting your time (and having an unhealthy build up of resentment) is to simply let it go. 

I'm not insane, I really do believe that the easiest thing to do is just let it go. If someone's making a complete ass (excuse my french) of themselves, then let them. It does not reflect on your personality what they do. And honestly, you don't need the added stress in your life. Take a deep breath and forget about it. I'm not saying that I practice what I preach 100% of the time. (hypocritical much?) The reason I decided to write this blog post is because I got a Facebook message from Katherine asking for me to help complain with her and I just needed to vent. But I realize that her actions don't need to affect my mood. 

So sorry Katherine Heigl, but no I will not be emailing our professor and demand that he change the final mark of your exam; the past is in the past and honey, I just don't care. 


No comments:

Post a Comment