Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

Darling, Can't You Hear Me? S.O.S.


I’ve hit a wall and the wall consists of catchy show tunes and sleeping in until three in the afternoon. Let me elaborate.

Being home from university for the summer has been a nice welcomed change. Although I do miss my friends and the ultimate freedom from my parents, I will never miss the late night cramming for exams or getting up early for classes. I was beginning to think that the bags underneath my eyes were permanently tattooed there. As well, in university a person rarely has time for himself or herself. From roommates to co-ed bathrooms, you completely forget what it’s like to be alone. (And shower without flip-flops on) So now that I’m free from school for over four months (!!!), I have all the time to myself…except that idea has sort of backfired on me.



The time I usually fall asleep at is 4 am and I usually wake up around 3pm. When I am awake, I spend my time in a daze of television, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (what’s the difference between jelly and jam?) and drowning myself in the Mamma Mia! The Movie soundtrack.  I’m not even kidding, I’ve listened to that album exclusively for the past two days after I watched the movie for the first time on Saturday and I’m in love with the eccentric 70s pop songs.

Instead of continuing with this (probably unhealthy) lifestyle of Swedish disco music and pb & j sandwiches, I’ve decided to start a change. I want to start a more natural way of living where I’m actually energized and not sleepy all the time. That means more fresh air and less refined foods. I’m saying goodbye to the dark circles and hello to yoga.  As well, (probably most important) I need to get a job so I can afford to get out of my Lululemon pants and into some cute shorts and floral tops for summer.


It’s almost a guarantee I’m not going to be able to keep up with this dream everyday so I’m open to having lazy days, but I hope they’re few and far between. Sure I’ll miss my lethargic way of living but I think my body and my mind will prefer a more happier and healthier version of me. I’ll keep you posted. Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment